Yeah, I know that sounds bizarre. Give me a second to explain. I bought a box of Hilary's Root Veggie Burgers at Kroger, and they make pretty great burgers. But...I couldn't help noticing that the steamy flaky texture of the burger patty mixed with the crispy fried sides reminded me a lot of fish. The next time I cooked them I decided to treat them like a filet of fish. I threw on some lemon pepper seasoning, and ta-da, fish! Even if you decide not to try this recipe, you should still give Hillary's a try. She has several different options, adzuki bean burgers, black rice, and the "world's best" veggie burger to name a few. Put ketchup, mustard, lettuce, pickles, whatever you like on your burger, on it. One of my personal favorites is Buffalo wing sauce. I promise it will be delicious! I paired the fish burger with roasted potatoes and broccoli. This would also be great with a salad or coleslaw.
- Hillary's Root Veggie Burger
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Lemon zest
- Heat up your skillet to medium- high and cook the burgers on each side briefly until slightly brown.
- Add seasoning to each side of the burger.
- Add a bit of water and finish cooking with the lid on to steam for the soft fishy texture we're going for.
- If you have it or know how to make it, tartar sauce would be great!