If you are like me and love spaghetti, but don't eat meat, you will love my vegetable spaghetti. As soon as your noodles are boiled, your spaghetti will be done. It is quick, easy, and healthy! This recipe makes two giant bowls of food, or it could make a nice bit of left overs if you are cooking for one. If you use black bean spaghetti, it has 25 grams of protein per serving! Who needs hamburger meat?
- Pasta (I use gluten free spaghetti or black bean spaghetti)
- 1 large or 2 small Zucchini
- 2 cups of chopped Butternut squash (mine is frozen from Whole Foods)
- 8 oz can of no salt added tomato sauce (Kroger)
- Italian seasoning
- Montreal Steak seasoning
- Weber Garlic and Herb seasoning or minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Boil your pasta. (I use a bit less than you would normally want for a plate of spaghetti, due to the amount of vegetables I add.
- While your noodles are boiling, Sautee your butternut squash and zucchini in a skillet with all of your spices. I let the squash get lightly browned and then add a bit of water to steam to perfection right at the end. It takes about 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles, add vegetables, pour on the tomato sauce (yeah, I don't even heat it up most of the time), and add a bit more of your seasonings to the top of the sauce.
- Stir it all together and enjoy!