During my travels in Greece, I got hooked on gyros. We ate them every night for dinner and never tired of them. However, I don't always enjoy eating mushrooms, but this dish is a winner! Not only are they much cheaper than lamb, mushrooms are full of B vitamins, vitamin D, copper, selenium, zinc, and many other essential minerals! Serve these with a big Greek salad. They are sure to be a hit!
- 1 package of portobello mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 sweet yellow onion
- Cavendar's Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 of a Cucumber
- 1 cup of plain yogurt of your choice ( I have used Cashewgurt and So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt from Whole Foods and Fage 2% from anywhere.)
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dill
- 6 Corn tortillas or pita bread substitute of your choice
- Slice mushrooms, onions, and peppers into strips.
- Prepare tzatziki sauce by combining, yogurt, dill, white vinegar, diced cucumbers (as finely as you prefer), and salt and pepper.
- Sautee onions and peppers until tender.
- Stir in mushroom slices and add your seasonings, Montreal steak seasoning, Cavendar's, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Add the peppers, onions, and mushrooms to your tortillas and top with tzatziki sauce.