I've gone crazy the last few weeks, putting apples in to caramelize with my onions and garlic. Man, it is so good! The apples add a touch of sweetness to any dish, along with vitamins of course! I even added them to my sloppy joes! If you are up for a delicious adventure, grab these 6 ingredients and make yourself some dinner!
- 1 head of kale
- 1 apple, sliced thin (I had Gala on hand)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 small package of whole shiitake mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves of minced garlic or 1 tbsp of garlic seasoning
- Begin by stripping the leaves off of the kale stems, washing, and spinning them to dry.
- Slice onions, apples, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Quickly steam your kale with a bit of water or veggie broth and put it on your plate.
- Sautee onions, apples, and garlic until tender. Put these with your kale.
- Sautee mushrooms with balsamic vinegar until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Throw it all together and enjoy!